Hanover Safe Place hosts a food pantry in our office. Clients are able to use the pantry once a week, to help out with their grocery needs. On average, 70 people use the pantry each month. Below is a list of items we like to keep stocked in the pantry. We rely on the community to help us stock the pantry.
· Snacks: Crackers, Chips, Popcorn, Cookies, Fruit Snacks, 100 Calorie Packs, etc.
· Breakfast Items: Oatmeal, Cereal, Granola/Granola Bars, etc.
· Canned Meat: Tuna, Chicken, SPAM, etc.
· Canned Vegetables: Green Beans, Peas, Corn, Carrots, etc.
· Canned Fruit: Peaches, Mandarin Oranges, Pears, Pineapple, etc.
· Canned Pasta: Spaghettios, Chef Boyardee items, etc.
· Box Meals: Hamburger, Chicken & Tuna Helper, Macaroni and Cheese, Instant Potatoes, etc.
· White & Brown Rice
· Condiments: Jelly (Strawberry & Grape), Peanut Butter, Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise
In addition to food items, we also have a small section for toiletries in our pantry. We stock that section with the following items:
· Shampoo, Conditioner
· Soap, Body Wash, Bath Gel
· Toothpaste, Toothbrushes
· Feminine Products, Razors, Shaving Gel
· Body Lotion, Deodorant
· Washcloths & Towels
Reusable shopping bags are also accepted for the food pantry.
Hanover Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Hot line
Toll Free Hotline:
Donate now by clicking this button: